Galatians - Week 8
STUDYGUIDE-97-170406 - length: 60:00 - taught on Apr, 6 2017
Informal Bible Study
Thursday April 6, 2017
- Galatians discussion
- Recap of the series so far. Handout: Highlights of our study so far.
- Go over any questions you have.
- The Big Picture of Galatians
- The Purpose Statement: Why did Paul write Galatians? What did he intend to accomplish by writing it?
- The Overall Message: 1 sentence of 15-20 words that expresses what Galatians is about.
- What kind(s) of writing do we find in Galatians? Handout: Literary Genres in the Bible
- The Foundation Outline: how the message is developed from start to finish, in broad strokes.
- Read the letter to the Galatians in its entirety 4 times between now and next Thursday. Suggestions to keep things interesting:
- Perform it out loud with an audience (1 or more)
- Have someone read it to you/listen to a recording of it
- Pretend you are an opera singer and sing it!
- Read it to your pet
- Rewrite your Purpose statement. See Ferrin pages 62-65 for the details.
- Write your Overall Message statement. 15-20 words.
- As you read Galatians this week, take a stab at putting together your Foundation Outline. See Ferrin pages 70-79.
- Highlights of our study so far
- The Big Picture of Galatians Worksheet
- Literary Genres in the Bible
- Group prayer session