Galatians - Week 13
STUDYGUIDE-101-170511 - length: 60:00 - taught on May, 11 2017
Informal Bible Study
Thursday May 11, 2017
- General questions
- Tonight’s workshop
- Take out your list of “difficult” passages.
- Let’s work on some of the “difficult” passages you found.
- How do we go about figuring out what they are saying?
- Handouts: (a) Questions to answer for difficult passages
- We will now use Galatians 4:9 to illustrate the method. What do you think the expression “elemental things” means? Handouts: (c) Interlinear entry for Galatians 4:9; (d) Word study for “elemental things”; (e) Galatians 4:9 in several translations / Englishman’s for Strongs # 4747.
- Now let’s work on some of your passages. I have prepared some materials on these: Galatians 1:8-9, Galatians 3:24; Galatians 5:21; Galatians 6:2,5.
- Handouts: (a) List of our difficult passages; (b) Interlinear entries for Galatians 1:8-9; 3:24; 5:21; and 6:2,5. (c) translations/ lexicons for Galatians 1:8-9; 3:24; 5:21; 6:2,5.
- Read the letter to the Galatians in its entirety 3 times between now and next Thursday.
- Read Ferrin, pp. 82-88 on Framing (paragraph) Outline. Also pp. 95-102 on Paragraph Studies (if you have not read already).
- Review Romans 3:9-4:25. We will discuss the similarities and differences between this passage and the book of Galatians.
- Gal 4;9 translations plus English 4747
- Gal 4;9 Interlinear
- Questions to Answers
- Word Study for Elemental Things
- Group prayer session