Ephesians - Week 9
Informal Bible Study
Thursday August 10, 2017
- Warm up: In Ephesians 4:25 through 5:18, Paul exhorts us to put away a series of evil practices of the old man. In your judgment, which of these is the most damaging to the unity of the body? Why?
- Workshop on your selections for one thing that is emphasized or repeated in Ephesians.
- What did you choose? What passages mention it?
- What did you learn?
- Handout: Summary of Things Emphasized and Things Repeated (repeat)
- Setting up our work on puzzling passages.
- What questions help us in understanding a difficult passage?
- What method can we use to figure out the meaning of a passage?
- What resources can we turn to?
- Let’s put together our list of puzzling passages.
- Read the epistle to the saints who are at Ephesus in its entirety 4 times between now and our next Bible study on August 17th.
- Pick a puzzling passage and do some work on it. Suggestion: answer 3-5 questions; then pick out a key word and find the lexicon entry or entries for that word.
- Group prayer session
© Lighthouse Bible Church of South Florida, Inc. / John Farley lbible.org All rights reserved.