Humility must precede promotion.
Humility must precede promotion.
Act 13:9 But Saul [Hebrew name], who was also known as Paul [Roman or Gentile name], filled with the Holy Spirit, fixed his gaze on him,
Paul’s new name was a sign of his personal sense of destiny.
Niche orientation means you consistently adjust to the justice of God; that is your lifestyle.
A niche is a place, condition, or status suitable to a person, i.e., to your individual personality.
A nest is built of many different materials. So it is with our personality.
The believer’s niche is many things interwoven into a life characterized by the filling of the Spirit, perception of doctrine, capacity for life, and contentment.
You really begin to experience your niche orientation when you reach spiritual self-esteem, that great giant step in the spiritual life.
So spiritual self-esteem will cause you to attain this one important achievement in life; first, you’ll learn to know who God is, how awesome His love for you is, you’ll learn to love Him, and then you’ll discover your own personality.
When the nest is finished it includes spiritual self-esteem, capacity for life, and contentment in every circumstance in life.
g. Niche orientation doesn’t just mean finding your right job, right church, or your desires in life. God has a personal plan for you that fits your personality. Niche orientation is a combination of finding a series of right things.
i. Right social life.
ii. Marital experience.
iii. Business and professional life.
iv. Academic life, as a student or as a teacher.
v. Job or position in life.
vi. Spiritual life and eventually Christian service.
vii. Doctrinal teaching from your right pastor.
Your niche includes the Bible, your pastor teacher and your local assembly.
It includes the logistics and time to get to Bible class on a regular, day in and day out basis.
It includes the function of your spiritual gift.
It also includes the right geographic location that suits your personal sense of destiny.
It includes your marital status (RMRW), your prosperity, your blessings, and even your suffering for blessings.
These are things that were deposited into your account in eternity past as escrow blessings and your portfolio of invisible assets.
8. The LORD has handpicked you for a unique objective. As you mature, you become more and more locked onto this objective to the exclusion of other things.
9. At one time, you were a grenade. But by the time of your promotion you will be a bullet. Your Personal Sense of Destiny is found along the narrow road that leads to life.
10. Relatively few believers fully live in their Personal Sense of Destiny because few are willing to surrender all else for it and for Christ.
11. We have tremendous examples in the Old Testament of people who pursued their Personal Sense of Destiny, Heb 11.
Noah was willing to give up his reputation, and surrender years of his life, in order to do God’s will.
Abraham left his home town and his family and trusted that the Lord was faithful.
Abraham believed that his Personal Sense of Destiny ultimately lay beyond the grave, in heaven.
Abraham realized that his Personal Sense of Destiny was ultimately tied up in Resurrection.
Jacob believed, finally, that his Personal Sense of Destiny was to be the patriarch of the people of God.
Joseph understood that his Personal Sense of Destiny was ultimately tied up in Resurrection.
Moses understood that his Personal Sense of Destiny was ultimately found with Christ.
12. As you reach the threshold of living in your Personal Sense of Destiny, you will be required to lay aside certain things that are good in and of themselves but which would hinder you as you climb higher toward the upward call of God by means of Christ Jesus.
Rom 12:1 Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.
13. The LORD brought Barnabas into Paul’s life to prepare him for his unique calling. The LORD will bring people into your life to support you in living in your Personal Sense of Destiny.
14. if you have not yet been promoted by the LORD, continue to function in the capacity that the LORD has placed you in. continue to study, to pray, while waiting on the timing of God to promote you into your Personal Sense of Destiny for time.