Galatians - Week 11
STUDYGUIDE-100-170427 - length: 60:00 - taught on Apr, 27 2017
Informal Bible Study
Thursday April 27, 2017
- General questions
- Tonight’s workshop
- If you had to capture the letter of Galatians in one word, what would it be?
- Why? Give a defense for your choice.
- Your one word:
- follow it through Galatians and write down your observations.
- Then do a study of this same word in Paul’s other letters.
- How does this enrich your understanding of Galatians?
- Tool needed: a concordance.
- Handout: concordance search for “freedom/liberty/free”
- Let’s work on some of the “difficult” passages you found.
- How do we go about figuring out what they are saying?
- Handouts: (a) Top down and Bottom up; (b) Interlinear entry for Galatians 4:9; (c) Word study for “elemental things”; (d) Questions to answer for difficult passages.
- Handout: Concordance Search for 'Freedom'
- Read the letter to the Galatians in its entirety 3 times between now and next Thursday.
- Read Ferrin, pp. 95-102 on Paragraph Studies.
- Read Romans 3:8-4:25 2 times. Note similarities with Galatians.
- Group prayer session