Galatians - Week 5
STUDYGUIDE-91-170209 - length: 60:00 - taught on Feb, 9 2017
Informal Bible Study
Thursday February 9, 2017
- Questions on any recent blogs?
- Galatians discussion
- Review this week’s readings of Galatians
- Background Study: churches of Galatia.
- How did you do?
- Did it raise more questions for you to investigate?
- Let’s go over the material you wrote down.
- What did you learn about the churches of Galatia…
- In the book of Galatians
- In the book of Acts
- In other NT books
- From external sources
- Handout: Map of Paul’s 1st and 2nd missionary journeys
- Handout: Points for Discussion
- Read the letter to the Galatians in its entirety 4 times between now and next Thursday.
- Read .
- Do a background study on the atmosphere surrounding the writing of Galatians. Consider…
- How the identity of the churches influences the atmosphere
- How timing influences it. What year/where in Acts do we place the writing of Galatians, and the events in Gal 1 & 2?
- Group prayer session