Galatians - Week 6
STUDYGUIDE-92-170216 - length: 60:00 - taught on Feb, 16 2017
Informal Bible Study
Thursday February 16, 2017
- Questions on any recent blogs?
- Galatians discussion
- Review our readings of Galatians this week.
- Background Study: “atmosphere”.
- What did you find?
- What was the date of writing Galatians?
- Timeline for events in Gal 1-2, and the writing of Galatians, mapped into events recorded in Acts.
- What can we learn about what was going on with Paul from information in the letter to the Galatians? the book of Acts?
- What do we know about the bad guys (antagonists) on the scene? Who were they? What were they up to? What did they teach? Where do they show up in the book of Acts?
- What was the situation in Jerusalem with the Jerusalem church at the time? How about the church at Antioch (Syria)?
- Relate (1) Paul’s exhortation in the synagogue at Pisidian Antioch, recorded in Acts 13:14-41, to (2) the letter to the Galatians.
- Relate the letter to the Galatians to Peter’s speech during the Council at Jerusalem, recorded in Acts 15:7-11.
- Handout: Timeline suggested by Merrill Tenney
- Handout: Direct mentions of “the party of the circumcision”
- Read the letter to the Galatians in its entirety 4 times between now and next Thursday.
- Write down a list of the major subjects that are brought up in the letter.
- Group prayer session