Galatians - Week 7
STUDYGUIDE-93-170223 - length: 60:00 - taught on Feb, 23 2017
Informal Bible Study
Thursday February 23, 2017
- Galatians discussion
- Review our readings of Galatians this week.
- Go over any questions you have.
- Background Study: In pursuit of the party of the circumcision.
- Fits the description:
- Who were they? What were they doing? Teaching?
- In Galatians
- In Acts
- Their M/O: attack Paul
- How did they attack him?
- Mirror reading in Galatians: what were they saying to try to discredit Paul and his preaching. Hint: Pay attention any time Paul “gets personal”.
- For example: Galatians 1:10 “He seeks the favor of men. He is striving to please men.”
- Handout: Direct mentions of “the party of the circumcision”
- Handout: Mirror Reading in Galatians
- Read the letter to the Galatians in its entirety 4 times between now and next Thursday. Suggestions to keep things interesting:
- Perform it out loud with an audience (1 or more)
- Have someone read it to you
- Pretend you are an opera singer and sing it!
- Read it to your pet
- Rewrite your Purpose statement. You have now read Galatians about 20 times. We have done several background studies. You have your list of the major subjects that are brought up in the letter. See Ferrin pages 62-65 for the details.
- Group prayer session