Galatians - Week 10
STUDYGUIDE-99-170420 - length: 60:00 - taught on Apr, 20 2017
Informal Bible Study
Thursday April 20, 2017
- General questions
- Galatians intro
- What was it like to read Galatians this week in light of the work you have done on the overall message and the outline?
- Finishing up the Big Picture of Galatians
- The Overall Message: 1 sentence of 15-20 words that expresses what Galatians is about. We’ll complete this tonight.
- The Foundation Outline: how the message is developed from start to finish, in broad strokes.
- One take on the outline. Handout: Tinney’s Outline of Galatians.
- If you had to capture the letter of Galatians in one word, what would it be?
- Why? Give a defense for your choice.
- Let’s have a freewheeling discussion about your choices.
- Let’s work on some of the “difficult” passages you found.
- Read the letter to the Galatians in its entirety 3 times between now and next Thursday.
- Read Romans 3:8-4:25 2 times. Note similarities with Galatians.
- Your one word:
- follow it through Galatians and write down your observations.
- Then do a study of this same word in Paul’s other letters.
- How does this enrich your understanding of Galatians?
- Tool needed: a concordance. Handout: Strongs Exhaustive Concordance on www.blueletterbible.org
- Group prayer session