John 3:5-8; 10:10; 17:22-24; Rom 6:23; 8:6,9, 28-30; 12:2; 1Co 1:30-31; 2:12-16; 12:12-13; Eph 1:3-6, 22-23; 2:4-7; Col 1:26-27; 3:1-4; Gal 3:26-27; 1Th 5:23-24; Php 3:20-21.
JOHN-91-221211 - length: 68:25 - taught on Dec, 11 2022
What is man?
And now we are learning about the new man in Christ.
1. The first thing about the new man is that he is a spiritual man.
He is born of the Spirit.
He is the spiritual man.
2. He is heavenly - created by God in His image for a heavenly life and destiny.
3. The believer in Christ has been given a new life.
4. He is the adopted son of God, a member of God’s family.
5. He has a new identity, having been baptized into Christ by the Holy Spirit.
The church is the body of Christ.
Each believer is a member of that body.
We derive our complete identity and life from Christ, who is everything for us.
6. This new man is bound for glory.
We know that we will be glorified one day, because Christ is in us.
7. The Scriptures say that the New Man has a spirit, a soul, a mind, and a body.
God is still at work perfecting the new man, the believer in Christ.
Our spirit was created perfect.
The new man has a new mind, a spiritual mind.
Yet this mind is still in the process of being transformed.
Our bodies are still bodies of corruption.
They will be redeemed when Christ appears in the clouds to take us to heaven.
1. The new man is a spiritual man.
2. He is heavenly.
3. He has a new life.
4. He is the adopted son of God.
5. He has a new identity in Christ.
6. He is bound for glory.
7. His spirit is perfect.
His mind is being renewed.
His body will be redeemed when Christ comes for His church.