1Co 12:1-11; Joh 7:37-39; Eph 2:10; 1Co 15:9-10; Rom 12:4-8.
July 21, 2011
Spiritual Gifts Part 146: Your spiritual gift becomes operational through normal spiritual growth.
The Doctrine of Spiritual Gifts
Point 3: What is a “Spiritual Gift”?
1. All three members of the Trinity are involved.
2. They are marked by great variety.
3. Their source is the Holy Spirit.
4. They are a gift of God’s grace.
5.They are given for the purpose of serving.
6. They run on divine power.
7. Each believer gets one.
8. They are given to publicly demonstrate the work of the Spirit.
9. They are given for the good of the team.
10. God gets the glory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
a. A spiritual gift is a unique ability sovereignly given to each believer by God the Holy Spirit at the moment of salvation.
b. These gifts are for the purpose of serving the Lord and edifying the body of Christ, not bringing glory to self.
A spiritual gift is a supernatural ability graciously given by God the Holy Spirit to each believer ( without regard to merit) at the moment of salvation ...
...so that the Holy Spirit might manifest Himself in effective service for the benefit of the Royal Family, ending up with God the Father being glorified through our Lord Jesus Christ.
"He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 'From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.'"
Our spiritual gift in action is a direct undertaking or manifestation of the Spirit working through the believer.