Mat 4:18-22; Rom 1:14-16; Luk 5:1-11; 1Th 1:5-8; 2Th 2:17-20; Rom 5:10.
BAS-14-120214 - length: 60:54 - taught on Feb, 14 2012
The Doctrine of Witnessing (Evangelism)
Principles of Witnessing
1. The responsibility of witnessing belongs to every believer.
2. The basic knowledge of witnessing involves the Person of the Lord Jesus Christ and His accomplishments on the Cross and by His Resurrection.
3. The challenge of witnessing comes from the doctrine of the unlimited atonement, 1JO 2:2 - Christ died for all mankind.
4. The method of witnessing is enhanced by your positive mental attitude related to your spiritual growth or maturity.
6. The effectiveness of witnessing depends on the ministry of God the Holy Spirit, JOH 16:7-11.
The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life,
And he who is wise wins souls.
BE A FISHER OF MEN
Several of the apostles were fishermen. Four out of twelve to be exact.
Take a brother or a sister in Christ along if you can when you set out to evangelize and witness.
1. Fishermen must have a DESIRE to fish. They must be motivated properly.
2. Fishermen must be EQUIPPED to fish - be PREPARED and be READY.
3. Fishermen must GO WHERE THE FISH ARE LOCATED.
4. Fishermen must have the right lure and the right bait.
Like Paul, we are to use the bait of the Gospel and the lure of the witness of your lifestyle.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
5. Fishermen must be PATIENT.
6. Reeling them in! The Holy Spirit is the CEO of salvation.
He is the HOOK and provides the POWER to make the faith of the person effective for salvation.
7. Enjoying the catch.
But do not worry.
The Gospels The book of Acts
1 & 2 Corinthians