2Co 11:13-15; Mat 24:24; Eph 6:11; 1Co 2:9-16; Heb 5:11-14.
ROMANS-434-121003 - length: 61:13 - taught on Oct, 3 2012
The Doctrine of Spiritual Gifts
Developing the capacity you need to function effectively in your spiritual gift.
What is discernment?
Why do we need to have discernment?
1. One reason is because there are those two kinds of wisdom in James 3.
2. The Bible warns us over and over again to be vigilant, because there will be MANY false teachers in our midst.
3. The Bible tells us that, in the last days, the believer will be bombarded with an incredible amount of evil, through various media.
4. In the middle of a firefight, if you don’t know how to distinguish friend from foe, you will get hurt!
5. Satan’s game is deception. It has been his game from the very beginning, and it will stay that way until he is destroyed, JOH 8:44.
6. There are forces of evil in the universe who are pretending to look just like the messengers sent by God.
Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.
7. Another reason that we need discernment is that we face decisions each and every day that require it.
Where does God want me to be? [Geographic]
What does God want me to think? [Mental]
What does God want me to do? [Operational]
How do I get spiritual discernment?