1Co 12:1-11; 1Pe 4:10-11; Eph 4:11-13; 1Ti 3:1-3
ROMANS-468-121230 - length: 78:40 - taught on Dec, 30 2012
The Doctrine of Spiritual Gifts
Setting the scene for Paul’s teaching on the Spiritual Gifts.
The Giver of the Gifts: The Person and Work of God the Holy Spirit
What is a “Spiritual Gift”?
Romans - foundational truth concerning the gospel; general audience of the local assembly in all places and times
1 Corinthians - solving problems in the carnal local assembly
Ephesians - the Church writ LARGE (universal): Christ and His Body
1 Peter- the suffering believers
1. All three members of the Trinity are involved.
2. They are marked by great variety.
3. Their source is the Holy Spirit.
4. They are a gift of God’s grace.
5.They are given for the purpose of serving.
6. They run on divine power and love.
7. Each believer gets one.
8. They are given to publicly demonstrate God’s grace and truth.
9. They are given for the good of the team.
10. God gets the glory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
Operating in your spiritual gift is the ultimate in selflessness AND the ultimate in self-fulfillment … in ONE activity!