1Co 12:1-11; 1Pe 4:10-11; Eph 4:11-13; 1Ti 3:1-3.
ROMANS-469-130102 - length: 62:01 - taught on Jan, 2 2013
The Doctrine of Spiritual Gifts
Setting the scene for Paul’s teaching on the Spiritual Gifts.
The Giver of the Gifts: The Person and Work of God the Holy Spirit
What is a “Spiritual Gift”?
1. All three members of the Trinity are involved.
2. They are marked by great variety.
3. Their source is the Holy Spirit.
4. They are a gift of God’s grace.
5.They are given for the purpose of serving.
6. They run on divine power and love.
7. Each believer gets one.
8. They are given to publicly demonstrate God’s grace and truth.
9. They are given for the good of the team.
10. God gets the glory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
Similar but different: things sometimes confused with spiritual gifts
Offices in the church
pastor or elder in a church
spiritual gift of Pastor-Teacher
Office of deacon
spiritual gift of helps or administration
The Biblical offices of the local churches include the Lord Jesus Christ as the head, the elders or pastors, the deacons, and the priests.