Eph 5:18-21; Col 3:12-21; Heb 12:28-13:21; 2Co 9:10-15; Eph 1:15-16; Phi 4:6; Col 4:2-4; 1Th 5:16-18
SPEC-26-131126 - length: 54:43 - taught on Nov, 26 2013
A central feature of the Spirit-filled life is thanksgiving.
What does that thankful saint’s life look like?
Gratitude is something we SHOW.
1. One characteristic of the thankful saint is an increasing reverence and awe for God and for His Son the Lord Jesus Christ.
2. Gratitude in the heart overflows into a life of service.
3. The thankful life is marked by a tremendous love for the brethren.
4. The grateful believer is compassionate, kind, humble, gentle and patient with others.
5. The life of thanks is a life of forgiving others.
6. Thankful hearts let the word of Christ richly dwell within.
7. Grateful saints teach and admonish one another.
8. Thanksgiving manifests itself in singing to God.
9. The thankful saint shows hospitality to strangers.
10. The grateful believer cares for other believers who are in prison or who are being persecuted.
11. Another expression of thanksgiving is honoring the New Testament principles of marriage and abstaining from fornication or adultery.
12. The thankful life is a life of being content with what you have and not having a heart that is in love with money.
13. Our gratitude to the Lord will also express itself in giving.
14. The thankful life is a life filled with prayers that express this thanksgiving.