Joh 11:25-27; Rom 4:5; Joh 1:12-13; Tit 3:4-7; Joh 6:40; 1Co 6:19-20; Col 1:25-27; Gal 3:26-28; Eph 1:13-14; Jam 4:7-8.
PRCHR-20-151122 - length: 65:23 - taught on Nov, 22 2015
Grace Prison Ministries works to change the lives of prisoners through evangelism and sound Bible teaching.
GPM visits jails, prisons, and youth detention centers.
The pure in heart
To believe in the Lord is to be certain, to trust, to stand firm.
The righteous man shall live by faith, and that faith is firmness, fidelity, steadfastness, steadiness.
by implication, to entrust (especially one's spiritual well-being to Christ).
To consider something to be true and therefore worthy of one’s trust; believe.
To entrust oneself to an entity in complete confidence, believe (in), trust,…
with the implication of total commitment [as in reliance] to the one who is trusted.
In the NT God and Christ are objects of this type of faith that relies on their power and nearness to help,
in addition to being convinced that their revelations or disclosures are true.
When a person believes in Christ…
1. He is justified (while still ungodly), ROM 3:26-30, ROM 4:5, ROM 5:1, GAL 2:15-16
Justified means you are declared to be righteous forever in God’s eyes.
2. He is regenerated or born again by the Holy Spirit,
thereby made a child of God and a new creation, JOH 1:12-13, JOH 3:4-8, TIT 3:5.
3. He has eternal life, JOH 3:16, JOH 3:36; JOH 5:24; JOH 6:40; 1TI 1:16.
4. He is given the Holy Spirit who dwells in him permanently, JOH 14:15-16, ROM 5:5, ROM 8:9, ROM 8:11; 1CO 3:16, 1CO 6:19
5. He is indwelt by Christ, COL 1:27.
6. He is baptized or placed into Christ by the Holy Spirit,
Acts 1:5; ROM 6:3-4; 1CO 12:13; GAL 3:26
7. He is sealed in Christ with the Spirit by the Father, 2CO 1:21-22; EPH 1:13-14, EPH 4:30
What is the heartbeat of the letter of James?
“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God”.
“stop compromising with worldly values and give themselves wholly to the Lord”. (Moo)
What does it mean to be pure?
Pure as the driven snow.
Pure sparkling water.